[volt-nuts] Agilent 3458A Issues

Illya Tsemenko illya at xdevs.com
Thu Nov 23 20:18:56 EST 2017

Well, one thing you can know for sure , that reference is indeed broken. Drift over a day should be way below the noise floor (<0.1ppm). With 1.7x gain of ADC scale that drift rate gives you around 0.8ppm +/- 0.3ppm due to zener noise. So it is in line of 1.1ppm/day. If ACAL DCV does not remove drift then A3 is probably fine.

Since reference is much easier to troubleshoot and fix I would go with replacing LTZ chip and testing if drift go away, if that have any help on your desire to keep meter.

Also serial number range in SN doesn't mean much for you, as meter history is unknown and it still may have been serviced at some time.