[volt-nuts] Power consumption of 3458A reference board / fitting one in a 3457A

Todd Micallef tmicallef at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 16:02:01 EDT 2017

Dave,

I have a 3457A but one thing I don't like about it is the native range is
3V vs 10V on most other bench meters. Also the input resistance on the 30V
range is 10Mohm. If you want to improve the reference for better readings
on the 30V range I would find another meter. The 3457A is great for being
quiet, light, and takes less room than a 3456A or 3458A but that's about it
for me. Maybe if you indicate if this is for a more specific purpose or you
just want to hack it. Either way, I would be interested to see if this can
be done.

I know ia LTZ hack has been done on a Solartron 7081 but I also know the
attempt failed on a Keithley 2001 by a few fellow volt-nuts.