[volt-nuts] Cropico DO4A Digital Ohmmeter

Bob Albert bob91343 at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 29 19:47:24 EDT 2018

 You didn't mention the power rating of these resistors.  Do they have a brand name?  They are likely wire wound; how much inductance, self resonant frequency?
I could use them for various purposes depending on the answers to the above.
The thing that makes me curious is that your 'average' is outside the individual values; did you make a typo?
Looking in old texts, you will find a four-resistor method of making a decade box.  Since your resistors are 20 Ohms, you perhaps would want to use a parallel pair for each value, resulting in a box that goes in 10 Ohm steps to 100 Ohms.  If these are very accurate resistors, you will have to be careful how you connect or switch them so as to add minimal error.
How to use such an instrument remains a good question.
Bob