[volt-nuts] Help needed identifying triaxial connector on HP 4339B high resistance meter - measures to 1.6 x 10^16 ohms.

Florian Teply usenet at teply.info
Sat Feb 17 11:32:14 EST 2018

Hi David,

Am Sat, 17 Feb 2018 15:32:15 +0000
schrieb "Dr. David Kirkby" <drkirkby at kirkbymicrowave.co.uk>:

> In order to use the meter, I would obviously need to be able to make
> connections to it.
>
> Is there anyone here that knows what the triaxial (tri-axial?)
> connector in the attached pictures ? One picture is of the female on
> the 4339B and the other the male plug on a fixture that I don't have.
>
> The picture of the meter is not the one I have,  since the meter is at
> Keysight. But it has a better picture of the triaxial connector than
> the meter I have.
>
> Does anyone have a bit of trixial cable with one of these connectors
> on?

Unfortunately, I don't know this kind of connector either.
I can confirm however - which probably does help a bit still - that it
is neither the three-lug BNC triax HP/Agilent/Keysight uses on all
measurement equipment capable of going down to picoamp levels I have
ever seen, nor  the two-lug BNC triax that Keithley uses for the same
purpose. To me it seems to be a threaded connector, and dimension-wise
should be pretty close to BNC, so TNC-style triax it might indeed be.

But be prepared that these are a bit pricey, the last time I bought the
standard three-lug BNC-style triax connectors they were about 80 Euros
a piece.

HTH,
Florian