[volt-nuts] HP3458 ADC integrator

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Fri Feb 23 16:41:27 EST 2018

Attila

Some insight can be gleaned by using a single pole model for an opamp configured as an integrator and deriving the expression for the output signal.
Look at the non linearity in the output.
Look at the voltage at the inverting input.
The effective impedance at the inverting input due to feedback action can be modelled as a simple serries network. What are the network parameters?
What happens to the non linearity if the positive input is driven in such a way that the inverting input is held at ground?
How would one do this?
What does the resultant signal at the inverting input look like with real opamps?
Whats the maximum GBW of the corrector amp so that the phase margin of the combination isn't reduced too much?

~30 years ago when I first analysed the limitations of opamp analog integrators I didn't have access to Spice and had to resort to Laplace transforms and analytical models of opamps.

Bruce