[volt-nuts] Bohnenberger electrometer

ed breya eb at telight.com
Tue Mar 6 19:11:07 EST 2018

I looked at that link that Brooke put up about Bohnenberger's
Electroscope. I don't know what your specific arrangement needs to be,
but it appears you need a plus and a minus HV wrt ground in the most
general form. If so, then this would mean having to split the voltage of
a single cap, or have two caps, one for each polarity.  Then I'd
recommend using good old microwave oven caps. You could charge them both
to say 2 kV from one HV source, then switch them around so they're
stacked and grounded at the midpoint.

Ed