[volt-nuts] How can I make a 2000 V DC meter with an input resistance of at least 100 T ohms?

Bob Albert bob91343 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 22 21:00:24 EDT 2018

 What about an electrostatic voltmeter?  Those have been around for decades and draw zero static current.  You didn't indicate how accurate your measurement needs to be. I am trying to recall the maker of the unit, I think ESI but not sure.
They were somewhat popular in the 1950s as I  recall and there should be some around, gathering dust and mold, in storage places.  They were large, which is a benefit because they had a long scale with good resolution.
Bob