[time-nuts] Leap Second Plans

Tim Shoppa shoppa at trailing-edge.com
Fri Dec 30 17:54:11 EST 2005

Hal Murray <hmurray at suespammers.org> wrote:
> > Hope everyone's getting ready for the big event.
>
> Does anybody have code that will open a serial port and log what comes in
> with a timestamp on each line?
>
> I can capture the serial data via minicom, but that doesn't have any time
> stamps.
>
> I can get good timestamps from NPTs clockstats logging, but that doesn't grab
> every line from NMEA drivers, just the ones the driver wants.

It seems to me like it'd be pretty straightforward to add a call to
record_clock_stats() for every piece of data you get from the NMEA
device. Some drivers will, if ntpd is started in debug, log everything
to stdout. These are fairly generic things to do if you're debugging
a refclock, but if you aren't rotating/purging logfiles you've gotta
watch disk usage.

The time to change the source code is BEFORE 23:59:60.

Tim.