[time-nuts] FW: Bulletin C number 30

Poul-Henning Kamp phk at phk.freebsd.dk
Tue Jul 5 09:51:08 EDT 2005

In message <6.2.3.4.0.20050705063104.040869b0 at mjs.alientech.net>, Mike S writes
:
>At 02:37 AM 7/5/2005, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote...
>>I can only support Warners notion that you have _no_ idea.
>
>I had expected better than ad hominem attacks on this list. I'm
>disappointed in this, and will take it as a clear indication that
>the poster is unable to rationally defend his position.

Mike, taking things out of context is a silly way to argue.

I think I defened my position rationally in my first post, which I sent
against my better judgement because Magnus asked for it again.

The reason for my better judgement is that these discussions
invariably turn into a screaming/flaming/hate match between people
like Warner and myself who have actually had to spend too much of
our life dealing with the real-world issues that leap-seconds cause,
and people on the other side which have a very thin grasp of what
life is like in the murky corners of the IT departments and real-world
life-critical installations.

Which was the context, no amply proven, of the line you took out of
context.

You _really_ have no idea Mike...