[time-nuts] FW: Bulletin C number 30

Mike S mikes at flatsurface.com
Tue Jul 5 10:25:19 EDT 2005

At 09:51 AM 7/5/2005, Poul-Henning Kamp wrote...
>Mike, taking things out of context is a silly way to argue.

If you really believed that, you would not have disingenuously trimmed context from my earlier post by removing the text which directly addressed the argument you then made.

>I think I defened my position rationally in my first post, which I sent
>against my better judgement because Magnus asked for it again.

No, you didn't. What you and Warner HAVE demonstrated is that you _chose_ the wrong time coordinate system for your systems/applications. Instead of using TAI, which doesn't have leap seconds, you chose to use UTC, which does. You're now arguing that the single differentiating factor between UTC and TAI should be removed to resolve issues cause by your poor choice. You've offered nothing in the way of rational argument as to why that should happen, except that it would be convenient for YOU. That is not rational.

>You _really_ have no idea Mike...

This again? I predict Godwin's law will shortly need to be invoked.