[time-nuts] HP 5345A

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Dec 29 15:04:40 EST 2006

Colin Bradley wrote:
> I just picked up a 5345A from eBay. This unit has a 10811 oscillator
> instead of the 10544 depicted in the manuals I have. The serial number has
> been removed. Does anyone know if there is an EFC adjustment for this
> counter or is the course control the only way of setting frequency?
> Colin

I don't know of any instrument in the history of HP/Agilent that ever
used the EFC as a fine manual frequency adjustment.  The EFC
was only ever used as a phase locking interface.  The tuning adjustment
is adequate for annual calibration purposes (IE, you can set it
within 1 Hz, or 1E-7 if you are careful, and the expected annual
aging is in that ballpark).

Rick Karlquist N6RK