[time-nuts] HP 5345A

Rick Karlquist richard at karlquist.com
Fri Dec 29 16:11:24 EST 2006

John Miles wrote:
> No; per year.  The 10811(D?) in a late-model 8662A I owned a few years ago
> was a serious outlier.  If I remember correctly, it was about 3E-10 off
> after being left on for a year.  I'll never find the notes I kept on it
> now,
> but it was definitely better than 1E-9.

It probably wandered around much more than that during the
year and you just happened to measure it when it was close
to the starting point.  Kind of like the broken clock that
keeps perfect time every 12 hours.  In any event, I can safely
say, having looked at thousands of 10811's, that I have never seen
one that had anything like that level of aging.

Rick Karlquist N6RK