[time-nuts] Information on the HP 00105-6013 Oven oscillator

Mike Feher mfeher at eozinc.com
Sat Feb 11 08:21:23 EST 2006

Horst -

What I have are a couple of 00105-6034 oscillators. Over 25 or so years ago
I did built one into a nice cabinet with metering circuits and powers
supplies. The first oscillator died, after about 5 years of being
continuously on. I am not sure of the failure mechanism but I believe it was
oven related. At that time I was fortunate enough to obtain another
oscillator of the same type. I replaced the original, and everything was
fine, until one of the Lambda powers supplies decided to give up. By that
time 5 MHz was not used as much and I obtained some 10 MHz oscillators with
the intent of replacing the 5 MHz one with one of those. Well, that was one
of those projects that is still waiting to happen. In the mean time I took
out the original power supplies and the old 5 MHz oscillator. Someplace, but
who knows where, I still have a manual on the 00105-6034 oscillator. The
nice thing about the newer 10 MHz oscillators was that it did not need all
the different voltages to operate. So, it is possible that one of my
oscillators is still good, but it has not been turned on in over 15 years.
All of the terminals seem to be marked on it, except for two, which I
believe are for the oven. The two in question are all the way at the other
end of the rectangular housing, from where the majority of the other
connections are clustered. These two connectors are on Teflon feed-troughs
where as the others had the bypass capacitors built into them, with the
exception of the +/- EFC control connections and the RF output connections
which were on the small snap on SMC(?) connectors. Regardless, I now do not
remember what the oven voltage was for the two terminals with the Teflon
connectors. I kind of remember they were 115 VAC, but I am far from sure. It
would still be handy to have a decent 5 MHz source around, so, maybe I'll
play with them to see If I can have any success. I'll be sure to let you
know the results. BTW, these oscillators are 2 and 3/4" square and 5 and
1/2" long. Regards - Mike

Mike B. Feher, N4FS
89 Arnold Blvd.
Howell, NJ, 07731