[time-nuts] Basic Stratum 1 question

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Thu Aug 2 21:16:10 EDT 2007

Good day,

On 02-Aug-07 at 11:32 Jared Morrisen wrote:

>); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>I am having a debate with our CIO.  He wrote in a memo about timing:
>*Local hardware is to be considered Stratum 1, since it get time from its
>own CMOS.*
>I told him that absurd and that it can't be considered stratum 1.

	That is indeed absurd. Here's a link to the Stratum timing definitions.

	Happy convincing. There are many people who would rather strangle themselves than admit they're wrong.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"