[time-nuts] E1938A oscillator pinning

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Mon Aug 27 18:46:22 EDT 2007

In a message dated 8/27/2007 15:36:31 Pacific Daylight Time,
bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz writes:

>There is also an EFC DAC (at least according to the osc.pdf  paper on
>Rick's site) which suggests that it may be possible to  eliminate an
>external DAC when the E1938A is locked to an external  reference such as
>the PPS output of a GPS timing  receiver.

>Bruce

Thanks Bruce,

I hooked +12V and +5V up to it, but there is no  heater current, and no LED's
go on. There is however a small current into  the +12V (90mA) and the 10.0MHz
are being generated with a  significant error since the crystal is at room
temp.

Wonder what I am doing wrong?

bye,
Said