[time-nuts] E1938A oscillator pinning

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Mon Aug 27 19:26:17 EDT 2007

SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'll break the silence :)
>
> does anyone know about the EFC voltage compatibility range for the E1938A
> oscillator? Is it 0V to 5V, or -5V to +5V etc?
>
> How about the serial interfaces mentioned on Tom's website, are there  any
> datasheets, user-manual, schematics etc available that explain these in more
> detail?
>
> Thanks,
> Said

Said

The E1938A may have several variants as at least one of them only uses a
single DAC (AD7243AR), presumably for the oven controller.
There is an LT1054I nearby, presumably to provide -12V for the DAC Vss
supply. The only opamp on the board is an LMC660AIM quad CMOS opamp
However readback of the EFC voltage is possible (presumably via the AD7714).

Bruce