[time-nuts] HP10544a Technical Info needed

Howard W. Ashcraft hashcraft at hansonbridgett.com
Fri Feb 2 18:20:09 EST 2007

I am constructing a GPS disciplined OCXO using an HP10544a.  If someone
has a copy of the HP manual/technical data for this oscillator, I would
appreciate getting a scan.  I have already received, from a request on
the HP equipment listserv, a copy of an HP10544 schematic.

Also, while performing tests on the unit, I detected fairly strong noise
signals leaking onto my test board.  It appears to be coming from pins
5/6 of the HP10544a, which are the EFC control pin and its related
ground.  A spectrum analyzer shows the noise at about -30dbm and peaking
around 1.8 mhz.  Has anyone seen anything similar with this OCXO?
Everything else looks normal.

Regards,

HOWARD W. ASHCRAFT, Jr.

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential and may be protected by privilege.  If you are not the intended recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by telephone or email, and permanently delete all copies, electronic or other, you may have.

To ensure compliance with requirements imposed by the IRS, we inform you that any tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) was not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.

The foregoing applies even if this notice is embedded in a message that is forwarded or attached.