[time-nuts] 10811 warmup

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Sat Jan 20 18:19:50 EST 2007

Okay, I finally got around to building a little interface for my HP 10811's
this afternoon. I'm using a 24V supply for the oven. I built the oven
monitor LED circuit like in the manual so I know when it is warmed up so I
don't have to always probe the pin. Finally I'm using a linear regulator to
drop the 24V down to 12V for the oscillator supply.

Anyhow... The 10811-60155 that I got from 'her' I tried out first. No 10 MHz
output at all, not from initial power up or after it warmed up... The oven
did warm up after a few minutes, so that part seems good. Any thoughts? I'm
about to open it up and see if there are any loose or disconnected wires.

Second one is a 10811-60105 that I got for $25, the signal (10 MHz) came on
right after power up. After letting it warm up for about 20min (while I was
going through all the new posts on the list) I was able to coarse adjust the
frequency to match my GPSDO, it took a few turns but I don't know how long
ago this was used last. So I'm happy with this one.

Jason