[time-nuts] 10811 Repair - EUREKA!

Jason Rabel jason at extremeoverclocking.com
Tue Jan 23 13:26:09 EST 2007

I'm not sure what happened, if there was a short before or I just missed it
because the signal was so low, but now I'm getting a signal!

It is extremely weak, only about 30mV p-p w/50 Ohm termination. Any thoughts
(besides the AGC circuit)?

I tried to adjust R6, but it was already near maxed out. The manual says:

If the R6 adjustment isn't effective, you should suspect the AGC circuitry
(Q3, CR4, CR5, C5, C6, R5, R6, R7, or Q1).

This kind of sucks because working on that middle board is not fun. I guess
I'll have to disconnect the thermistor & crystal so I can pull it out from
the metal shell.

I *thought* I saw a parts list somewhere, but I'm looking through the manual
again and don't see it. The schematic on page 64 (Adobe pg 72) doesn't give
info except on capacitors.

At least I know it isn't dead, so that's a positive. :)

Jason