[time-nuts] manual request: Austron 2201A

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Thu Jul 19 15:49:51 EDT 2007

Hi Rob:

The Austron antenna is very straight forward.  A 10.0 MHz ref is sent up the
coax along with 15VDC.  The antenna multiplied by 50 and uses the 500 MHz to
drive a harmonic mixer thus subtracting 1500 MHz from L1 leaving 75 MHz to go
down the coax.  Simple and clean.

There must have been some special consideration that caused Quantic to use such
a strange scheme.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.PRC68.com