[time-nuts] Need Magellan OEM5000: Anyone?

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sat Jun 2 21:11:33 EDT 2007

Fellow clockers,

	It seems that my 'reflow' repair of the receiver module in my Odetics clock didn't hold that well. It has failed once again, after nearly a year of service, going deaf to the signals from the birds.

	I lack the skill at this time to design an interface module to allow the use of a more current NMEA-based receiver (although I think it'd make a fascinating project, with lots of potential for replacing other older receivers). With that in mind, I'm starting to hunt for a replacement module.

	So: Anyone have a spare Magellan OEM5000 receiver module? Or one that I can convince its owner to part with? If so, please drop me a note with the details.

	Thanks much.

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"If Salvador Dali had owned a computer, would it have been equipped with surreal ports?"