[time-nuts] Government Liquidation

jshank j-shank at comcast.net
Mon Mar 19 12:24:36 EDT 2007

Hi,

I have bought items from this site on and off over the years as well as
directly form military DRMO.  You really need to go to the site to preview
the item prior to purchase.  You will be surprised how good the items looks
in the picture as opposed to what it actually looks like in person.  Be
prepared to spend several hours getting into and out of some bases with the
current security in place.  On a recent purchase of two 2465b which were
advertised as "powering up" I found that neither would display a trace, in
fact one was completely gutted of all the hybrid chips.  Even if I would
have previewed these scopes I would have been unable to look inside as
usually when viewing items you are escorted by a security personal, look but
don't touch.

It is incredible how high these items go when consideration all of the risks
of buying.  As little as ten years ago you could regularly pick up bargains
and if the unit worked it was a great deal and if it did not it was a fair
price for a parts unit.

Hope my experiences help.

Jeff