[time-nuts] NTP Synchronised Nixie Tube Clock

Jeroen Bastemeijer J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
Wed May 9 03:41:47 EDT 2007

Dear Pieter-Tjerk,

Nice to see your work on the Web! Two years ago I saw your neon-circuits
(counters, dividers etc) on the "Dag van de Amateur" (a Dutch
HAM-vention). Unfortunately you were not present at your display, but I
was very interested. Now I have a chance to have a close look at your
circuits!

73s Jeroen PE1RGE

Pieter-Tjerk de Boer wrote:

>On Tue, May 08, 2007 at 02:09:53PM -0400, Maggie Leber wrote:
>

>>Perhaps my "hard core" requirement should be restated as "no
>>transistors" rather than "no semiconductors". :-)
>>

>In that case, I guess my clock also qualifies: it uses neon lamps
>as its "active" components.
>The only semiconductors used are simple diodes and two blue LEDs.
>
>See http://wwwhome.cs.utwente.nl/~ptdeboer/ham/neonclock/ .
>
>73, Pieter-Tjerk, PA3FWM

Ing. Jeroen Bastemeijer

Delft University of Technology
Department of Electrical Engineering
Electronic Instrumentation Laboratory
Mekelweg 4, Room 13.090
2628 CD Delft
The Netherlands

Phone: +31.15.27.86542
Fax: +31.15.27.85755
E-mail: J.Bastemeijer at TUDelft.nl
GPS: Lat N52.00002 Lon E4.37157 Alt 46.2m