[time-nuts] Prologix & 3478A

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Thu Nov 29 17:03:04 EST 2007

Hi Grant,

It is an axiom of the GPIB world that if a device gets addressed, it
will sit up at attention and wait for commands.  The 3478A shows that
it is waiting by lighting up a couple of annunciators on the bottom
row of the LCD that you never see otherwise.

All you have to do to test whether the Prologix can work with your
3478A is address it.  So, if you change the 3478A's address to match your
HP analyzer's, and then run John's program, you should see these annunciators
light up.

The 3478A won't do anything useful that way, but it will prove that
it hears the Prologix, something mine can't do.

-Chuck Harris