[time-nuts] Prologix & 3478A

Chuck Harris cfharris at erols.com
Fri Nov 30 09:24:39 EST 2007

Thanks Grant!

That is exactly what I would have expected the 7470.exe program to do.

If your 3478A was working like mine, you would not have seen any GPIB
annunciators, and the 7470.exe program could not have gotten the voltage
reading... and might have even just hung.

[The 3478A's answer to anything it doesn't understand is to tell you
  what is on its display.  It reminds me of a skit on the British Comedy
  Red Dwarf, involving a talking artificially intelligent toaster.  Any
  conversation you had with the toaster would invariably get turned into
  a discussion about a toasted bakery product.]

-Chuck Harris