[time-nuts] earthquake in San Jose

Rex rexa at sonic.net
Wed Oct 31 01:07:24 EDT 2007

SAIDJACK at aol.com wrote:
> ); SAEximRunCond expanded to false
>
> Hi guys,
>
> we just had an earthquake here in San Jose - apparently a 5.6. It was a
> pretty big jolt. I'm sure a number of you living in the area felt it.
>
> I am happy to say that two Fury's, and my FTS-4050 all survived  it with less
> than 5ns deviation due to the shaking.
>
> Friends of ours couldn't get out of their house, the door got jammed.
>
> bye,
> Said

Here's a link to a map.
http://quake.usgs.gov/recenteqs/FaultMaps/122-37.htm
click on the big blue box for details of this earthquake.

Biggest one I can remember since 1989. Google earth says I'm 12.8 miles
away -- the other side of San Jose. A big noisy ride in my house but not
enough to knock anything over that I can find here.

Did get me up to try to catch my TV if it continued.

Good reminder to screw down, strap or stick all those big or breakable
things I never got around to fastening yet.