[time-nuts] Power Consumption Trimble Thunderbolt

Werner Zychlinski Silverhead at gmx.net
Sun Apr 27 11:09:38 EDT 2008

My Thunderbold takes following power (incl. active antenna):

+12V 160mA -> 1.92W
+5V 256mA -> 1.28W
-12V 2.95mA -> 35mW

total power 3.3W

But note that the +12V takes a start current up to 750mA for 3 minutes!

Werner

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 12:25:40 +0200
> Von: "Dr. Rainer Meergans" <r at meergans.org>
> An: time-nuts at febo.com
> Betreff: [time-nuts] Power Consumption Trimble Thunderbolt

> My Thunderbolt has arrived yesterday - I think the source is well known
> here - and works smoothly. The price was tolerable, thanks to the ever
> weekening US-Dollar.
>
> As power consumption is an issue nowadays, has anyone measured it
> already with one of the discussed Meanwell T-30B?
>
> For the moment it is running on an old, but unused Seasonic AT-style
> computer powersupply. Consumption is total 18W after heating-up. From my
> experience most switching power supplys have an idle consumption from
> 8-10 Watt, so I don't think I can save a lot buying another powersupply.
>
> Thanks in adavance and 73,
>
> Rainer (DG2DBM)

Psst! Geheimtipp: Online Games kostenlos spielen bei den GMX Free Games!
http://games.entertainment.gmx.net/de/entertainment/games/free