[time-nuts] Agilent 53148A, thunderbolt and my 10 Ghz LO

n3izn at aol.com n3izn at aol.com
Fri Dec 19 20:06:44 UTC 2008

I'm borrowing a power meter and frequency county from work, an Agilent 53148A. While it's slow at work I wanted to make some measurements and align my ham radio stuff.

It's last calibration was in May 08. I let it warm up for several hours, and it has the oven option.

My 10 Ghz LO is 10,224 Mhz and it was 70 hz off. Not a big deal for my application.

I found the manual and figured out how to choose an external reference on the 53148. I just wanted to ask the group if the Thunderbolt would be more accurate than the internal reference? I want to think it is but my link to the thunderbolt spec sheet is no longer valid.

This weekend I'll measure it again using the tBolt as a reference.