[time-nuts] GPS Locked and Unlocked Performance Comparison

SAIDJACK at aol.com SAIDJACK at aol.com
Thu Feb 14 15:36:14 EST 2008

Hello Didier,

maybe you are right, and that's not easy to find. I remember an app not  from
LT (Jim WIlliams?) that discussed how to build a high-accuracy DC output  DAC
using a Sigma Delta ADC and some logic etc.

Finding a 24 bit ADC is pretty easy, ADI, TI, Linear, Maxim etc seem to
offer these.

One could also build a composite DAC out of two 16 bit DAC's or two 20 bit
DAC's etc. The voltage reference is key to good performance here, and should
have <<3ppm tempco to get anywhere near the 24 bits of accuracy.

bye,
Said

In a message dated 2/14/2008 02:02:36 Pacific Standard Time, didier at cox.net