[time-nuts] PC104 isa

Stanley Reynolds stanley_reynolds at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 10:56:39 EST 2008

----- Original Message ----
From: Luis Cupido <cupido at mail.ua.pt>
To: time-nuts at febo.com
Sent: Tuesday, February 26, 2008 6:53:12 AM
Subject: [time-nuts] PC104 isa

Hi,

As there are experts here for sure I
risk this off topic question (it is not so
off topic in the application where it is used).

I have a PC104 from kontron (mops_lcd) that
I can't read IO ports from the ISA bus, The write
to ports is ok but the read gets 0xff always.
(even with datalines forced '0' all the time)
Looks that IO input is comming from elsewhere
as onboard devices like LPT or COM work well
I suspect a bridge config or whatever...
Kontron support doesn't really help and I
wonder if anyone has stepped into this before...

Thanks and sorry for off topic.

Luis Cupido.
ct1dmk.

Sorry no experence, but have you tried more than one I/O add-on board and which ones ? How about a header Ribbon cable / cables? Do you have only two boards ? Are you using a 8 bit XT or 16 bit AT board ? How is the I/O board setup, interrupts,DMA, and memory - I/O address ?

and follow the instructions there.