[time-nuts] PC104 isa

Luis Cupido cupido at mail.ua.pt
Tue Feb 26 11:40:12 EST 2008

Hi Stanley,

My simple test to see that something is wrong
was:
- Just 8 bits bus, and simple port 0x330 decoding.
- MSDOS and debug.exe
- doesn't work.

test 2
- nothing connected and data-line is pulled down with
a resistor
- verified to be down during read (w/ ocilloscope)
- inport returns 0xff on all ports except the ones
on board.
:-(

test 3
since ISA is connected to a bridge, and
MSDOS does nothing until you tell him to,
ISA datalines have no activity at debug.exe
prompt.
- nothing connected and data-line is shorted to gnd
- inport returns 0xff on all ports except the ones
on board.
:-(

So it is not reading from isa !!!

I'm interfacing an FPGA to it and got stuck
with this issue.

It works with a good old 486 though ;-)

Thanks for help.
Luis Cupido.