[time-nuts] PCB costs and suggestions for suppliers

David C. Partridge david.partridge at dsl.pipex.com
Tue Jul 8 12:49:42 EDT 2008

I'm looking to get a PCB made up for my frequency divider circuit.   I'm
based in the UK.   So far the best price I've found is about 160 Euro plus
tax and delivery for one 5" (127mm) by 3.5" (88.9mm) 4-layer board (from
PCB-Pool).   As I've not had a PCB made up in the last twenty odd years, I
don't know if this is typical, or whether I should be able to get a better
price.

I tried setting it up as a two layer board, but it was far too much pain - I
wanted an unbroken ground plane, and couldn't come up with a workable
routing.

If I get it made in the USA, the saving will need to be significant to cover
the additional shipping costs and UK import duty, tax and handling charges.

Any guidance on where to go, and what level of pricing I should expect is
greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
David Partridge