[time-nuts] PCB costs and suggestions for suppliers

Patrick optomatic at rogers.com
Tue Jul 8 13:07:00 EDT 2008

Hey David

I asked a similar question about a couple of months ago in this thread:
[time-nuts] PCB design questions thread II

I got lots of great answers. I copied some samples for you below. Please let me now if you need the whole thread forwarded-Patrick

Cheapest place I've come across for easy boards with 10mil or large lines
is this one, but I've not used them yet (probably next month I will):

for guaranteed product quality, including choice of material (FR4 choices,
Getec, etc), tight impedance control, cleanliness (to reduce loss tangent
especially for high-frequency performance), and documentation including
solder-samples and cross-sections etc, try:
Not the cheapest, but great for "professional" proto's when quality trumps
cost (above 1GHz, one source FR4 is totally different from another  sources
expresspcb.com works well for low cost, quick-turn proto's.

I've had good experiences with www.pcbex.com.  A little cheaper than
pcbfabexpress (which I've also used and recommend).  Batchpcb (which someone
else mentioned) has been good for 1-off boards if they aren't too big --
I've gotten boards which aren't sheared quite square, but that's
basically a cosmetic

These are the ones we've used. I am sure there are many others.
Prototypes -- www.pcbfabexpress.com
Production -- www.pcbnet.com

For one-off PCBs, I've had good luck with www.batchpcb.com .  They work by
panelizing different orders together