[time-nuts] precise external reference time for a PC

Marc Balmer marc at msys.ch
Sat Jul 12 07:55:08 EDT 2008

Hi all,

for an upcoming experiment I am looking for precise external
time reference, preferrably an atomic clock that I can hook
up to a computer running a Unix variant.

I should be able to read out the time with a low latency, e.g.
over PCI or PCI-e bus.

The time reference will serve me as a, well reference, to
calibrate a series of various radio clocks.

I am looking for used equipment, it should fit in a hobbyists
budget,  sth. in the 1000-5000$ range would be nice, but it
should be as precise as possible.

If you have ideas or pointers for me, that would be very
welcome.

Thanks,
Marc Balmer, HB9SSB