[time-nuts] Plotting csv files

Ulrich Bangert df6jb at ulrich-bangert.de
Sun May 11 07:00:35 EDT 2008

Said,

Plotter tries to detect a number of numerical formats on its own. For
that purposes it uses a predeclared set of possible delimiters and
possible decimal separators. And it uses the presence of a
delimiter/separator as well as the absence of a delimiter/separator to
do its job. In your case the absence of anything that smells like a
decimal seperator makes Plotter believe it is an integer to convert and
the integer conversion routine fails due to the "E".

Simple exchange "* u" with".0E-06" and Plotter will understand it. I
know this (terrible) Agilent notation of the 53131/2 very well. The
microcontroller of my GPSDO generates serial messages of that kind on a
second to second basis and also the time interval statistics on a 100
second interval basis to mimic the existence of a HP53132 so that my
GPSDO can be used in conjunction with the TAC32+ version (external TIC
version) for long time analysis without even owning the Agilent counter.

Best regards
Ulrich