[time-nuts] Thoughts on IR thermometers?

Pete peterawson at earthlink.net
Wed May 28 10:25:47 EDT 2008

Patrick,

After many attempts to get repeatable results from
various IR spot thermometers, our design group
spent a few $$ with a local independent test lab
using their big $$ IR imaging system.

The results were amazing & prompted us to just
bite the bullet & get one. They have since dropped
in price, but I don't know the current market $.
Even if your needs & wallet can't justify purchase,
you'll be well repaid just to lease/rent or buy
time on someone else's. A hard copy thermal
map under various operating conditions can be
a real life saver for later reliability.

Pete Rawson