[time-nuts] Thoughts on IR thermometers?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Thu May 29 21:20:30 EDT 2008

http://www.towerhobbies.com/ has several "Temp Guns" in the $25 to $50 range.

> I was thinking about buying a better one this time. Does anyone have any
> suggestions?

Melexis MLX90614 is a Digital plug&play Infrared thermometer in a TO-39 can.
http://www.melexis.com/ProdMain.aspx?nID=615
The object temperature can range from -70 to +380'C.
You can get them from Future's Component Store.
http://www.componentsuperstore.com

Have two on the bench here, but have not fired them up yet.

> I had a hell of a time trying to read my Son's temperature last night
> when he had a fever, anyone tried one of these out on their children?

They have a medical grade one, also Automotive grade ones.

--
                http://www.wearablesmartsensors.com/
 http://www.softwaresafety.net/ http://www.designer-iii.com/