[time-nuts] Time-zones and World time..

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Nov 1 21:06:11 UTC 2008

Hi Hal:

A sextant is just an angle measuring instrument so can be used in a number of
ways.  The classical way is to measure the elevation angle of any heavenly
that's in your almanac.  Note you can determine your latitude from any of these
elevation measurements.

The method called "lunar distance" is a more accurate way to get a position fix
than the classical elevation method.  It requires the sextant be used at odd
angles relative to the horizon, even horizontal to measure the separation of a
star and the moon.

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com/P/Prod.html  Products I make and sell