[time-nuts] GPS, NTP, and Cisco routers...

Scott McGrath scmcgrath at gmail.com
Sun Oct 5 01:16:12 UTC 2008

What do you need to know about NTP on IOS? - I've been working with
Cisco gear longer than I care to admit and have a bunch of CC*
certifications but that's not relevant here

Generally IOS devices actually speak SNTP - Not sure whether they can
use an external reference clock I don't think so BUT it might be
possible to replace the cheap TCXO universally used by cisco with a
buffer circuit and derive your clock from there and configure the
device as a ntp server.    Let me peek inside one of the routers
hanging around here and I'll see what can be done

- Scott