[time-nuts] Temp control of LPRO

Neville Michie namichie at gmail.com
Wed Sep 10 18:30:19 EDT 2008

Hi Hal,
My aim is to run a stable time standard to analyse the long term
performance of clocks.
Part of this project is to set up a power support system so that
logging is never interrupted.
Now the LPRO draws less power at lower supply voltage and higher
operating temperature
and decreasing the power demand was important. Now OCXO systems are
greatly improved by
double ovening them so it seems hard to believe that the LPRO will
not improve with
accurate control of temperature.
My project is not complete and my planned method of measuring drift
is with a digital
oscilloscope comparing the phase of PPS from GPS stabilised systems
to the divided
10MHz from the LPRO over a period of days, weeks, months or years.
cheers, Neville Michie