[time-nuts] Power Back-up

Mike Naruta AA8K aa8k at comcast.net
Sun Aug 9 20:26:04 UTC 2009

 From what I've found, the Trojan and Deka golf cart batteries
seem to perform the best.  Also good are Superior Battery and
Crown Battery.  I have two Deka GC-15 in series to run the
equipment and house LED power-failure lighting.

Other brands may be manufactured out-of-country, even though they
have USA-sounding names.  It's a good idea to do your own
research and talk with the locals about their experiences.  I
have bought automotive starting and other use batteries from the
local stores like Sams, Auto Zone, and Tractor Supply, and have
been disappointed with the battery life.

Intelligent charging is a significant life factor.