[time-nuts] Power Back-up

Bruce Griffiths bruce.griffiths at xtra.co.nz
Sun Aug 9 20:47:10 UTC 2009

The inverter efficiency drops below 90% for loads of less than 30% of
the rating (as shown by graph on the linked page).
However the battery discharge characteristics also have to be taken into
account.
The capacity of the battery used increases as the load current
decreases, the net effect being to shift the system peak efficiency to
lower loads than 30% of rating.

Bruce