[time-nuts] GPS chicken tracker (slightly OT butsorta-not-really)

Steve Rooke sar10538 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 11:27:04 UTC 2009

2009/12/24 Rex <rexa at sonic.net>:
> Jean-Louis Oneto wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>> Around here (Provence, France), to describe a very steepy land, one say
>> that the inhabitants need to attach nets to the hen *ss to avoid egg from
>> rolling downhill...
>> Of course, it not electronic and don't solve the "timing" part of  the
>> question, but since the original questin was _where_, that could a
>> traditional approach...
>> Best regards,
>> Jean-Louis
>
> I had a friend who was fond of telling strange stories. One night he told me
> about a very steep mountainous region. They had a special breed of cows
> there that had evolved to have the legs on one side of their body longer
> than the legs on the other side. This allowed them to stand comfortably on
> the very steep mountain sides.
>
> Yes, (I replied in kind) I know about these cows. They actually evolved into
> two separate breeds: the clockwise and the counter clockwise. [See I got a
> tentative timing reference in there.] The difference between the clockwise
> and counter clockwise depended on whether the legs were longer on the left
> side or the right side. The two types of cows could not cross breed because
> if a clockwise bull tried to breed with a counter clockwise cow, he would
> tumble down the mountain.

Sounds a bit like the male android with a right-hand thread trying to
have baby bots with a left-handed thread female android. Apparently
this proved to be extremely frustrating and the downfall of the pair.

73,
Steve

> I guess it is the holiday time frame bringing this out. Merry Christmas.

Steve Rooke - ZL3TUV & G8KVD
A man with one clock knows what time it is;
A man with two clocks is never quite sure.