[time-nuts] Tbolt with Palisade?

Grant Hodgson grant at ghengineering.co.uk
Sun Jan 18 20:32:50 UTC 2009

Does anybody know how difficult it would be to use just the antenna +
LNA part of a Trimble Palisade?  Have Tbolt but no antenna. I can get a
Palisade for much less than a proper GPS antenna.  Coax length would be
about 20 feet, connected to the output of the Palisade's LNA (or output
filter if fitted).

Only possible problem I envisage is that the Palisade LNA will probably
have less gain than say a 58532A.  However, the latter is designed for
long cable runs; I'm guessing that this unusual arrangement might work
with a fairly short cable run.  Powering the Palisade LNA shouldn't be
too difficult me thinks.

regards

Grant