[time-nuts] Tbolt with Palisade?

Björn Gabrielsson bg at lysator.liu.se
Sun Jan 18 21:05:11 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-01-18 at 20:32 +0000, Grant Hodgson wrote:
> Does anybody know how difficult it would be to use just the antenna +
> LNA part of a Trimble Palisade?  Have Tbolt but no antenna. I can get a
> Palisade for much less than a proper GPS antenna.  Coax length would be
> about 20 feet, connected to the output of the Palisade's LNA (or output
> filter if fitted).

Does the Palisade have an LNA at the antenna? Since it is an integrated
receiver antenna construction, I would imagine they use a passive
antenna. And you have no ready to use coaxial connector to the Palisade
housing.

Is it worth your time? Why not take a small mag-mount antenna (++many
available at sub $10 at an online auction site close to you.) They
usually have up to about 5 meters of thin coax (RG174 or equiv.).

--

   Björn