[time-nuts] Any experienced HP 2804A thermometer users out there?

Brooke Clarke brooke at pacific.net
Sat Jan 24 18:15:41 UTC 2009

Hi John:

I really like the Minco sensors that David suggested.  They come in RTD,
thermistor, thermocouple, etc.

Thermistors are very sensitive to temperature changes.
http://www.prc68.com/I/Sensors.shtml#Temperature
Note that the equation for the resistance as a function of temperature contains
exponential terms but the equation to go from resistance to temperature is
linear after the natural log of the resistance is taken making it fairly easy
to get the temperature.

I used these with a computer program to get very accurate temperature readings.
   HP used to sell calibrated thermistors for about $50 each (good to AFAICR 1
deg c).

Have Fun,

Brooke Clarke
http://www.prc68.com