[time-nuts] Datum 9390-52054 Date Problem

Magnus Danielson magnus at rubidium.dyndns.org
Tue Jul 7 22:59:11 UTC 2009

Doug Wilson wrote:
> My units have all begun displaying the wrong date.  A Symmetricom Field Sevice Bulletin describes the problem but does not have a solution.
> Does anyone in this group have the knowledge and experience to assist me in modifying the firmware to correct this problem.  These are beautiful little rack mount receivers and I would like to fix them
> rather than relagate them to the junk pile.  It needs the date fixed because I use the IRIG output to record on telemetry tapes.
> The URL for the Service Bulletin is http://www.symmetricom.com/media/files/support/ttm/fsb/098%2D50620%2D011.pdf
> I have a large electronic lab and could possibly assist in the investigation/fix.

There should be firmware available, as hinted in the Service Bulletin. A
few users have already been provided with firmware, but you need to
contact Symmetricom.

As for the actual fix, it is not that big modification, but that assumes
you have the source and means to compile it. Symmetricom has all that.

If you go back in time you will find an email-thread on this particular
issue.

Cheers,
Magnus