[time-nuts] Thunderbolt stability and ambient temperature

GandalfG8 at aol.com GandalfG8 at aol.com
Wed Jun 17 00:51:15 UTC 2009

james.p.lux at jpl.nasa.gov writes:

Well..  When one starts talking about bottles and temperature stability,
it's the  first thing that springs to mind.  And I just realized, there's
another  time-nuts relevant story (even more time-nuts related).. Although I
don't  believe the pendulum is used for time keeping, especially as it length
apparently changes.

It's probably going to be very good for time keeping.
It's not so much that the length is changing as notching downwards second
by second with an accurately calibrated scream every half  hour:-)