[time-nuts] Loran-C & French Clocks

Rob Kimberley rk at timing-consultants.com
Tue Mar 17 19:58:32 UTC 2009

UTC is the accepted international standard, but GMT appears to be
steadfastly held onto by the UK (especially Government departments). I
believe that GMT is actually by definition UTC_NPL, i.e. NPL contributes to
UTC, but will have a small local offset as will all contributors.

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here.

Rob Kimberley