[time-nuts] Home NTP ? & GPS Clock s/w

Bruce Lane kyrrin at bluefeathertech.com
Sun Nov 8 17:18:10 UTC 2009

	There's a windows package called NMEATime which is fairly cheap. It will accept input via serial port from just about any GPS receiver which speaks standard NMEA sentences, and it will use that to sync up the PC's clock. It will also act as an NTP time server, and it'll even generate a modulated IRIG-B signal using the system's sound card.

	http://www.visualgps.net/NMEATime/

	Happy timing.

On 08-Nov-09 at 00:44 Ray Hudson wrote:

>Can anyone suggest how to setup a 'home' NTP server under windows (useing
>WAMP or similar). This is just for use on a home LAN.
>Please no linux suggestions as I know they exist.
>
>Also does anyone know a good (free) GPS clock for windows (synced to com
>port or NTP server)
>
>Thanks Ray, VK4TFT

>and follow the instructions there.
>
>__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus
>signature database 4584 (20091108) __________

>http://www.eset.com

Bruce Lane, Owner & Head Hardware Heavy,
Blue Feather Technologies -- http://www.bluefeathertech.com
kyrrin (at) bluefeathertech do/t c=o=m
"Quid Malmborg in Plano..."